Monday, November 11, 2013

Great day for progress

Saturday I took a class with Mary Huey http://www.maryhueyquilts.com/index.html.  She was teaching her quilt pattern called Mississippi Mud.

Well...my daughter will be graduating from High School in the spring.  That creates a mild panic for a quilter who has established the pattern of gifting quilts for this occasion.  She has two very close friends who I would like to give a quilt. One of which is to the stage that it is sandwiched and waiting for final stitching and binding.  The other of her friends now has her quilt in progress thanks to Mary's class.  I love the colors and will be having a hard time passing this over.  But I know it will be loved.




 
I think I'll call it "with a twist of lime".   More pics will come as I progress.  Since I have a hard deadline for this one it won't be a UFO for long.
 
Another cool thing....Mary contacted me after the class ended and asked if she could use pics of my blocks to put on her blog......WOWZA.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog