Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Third graduation quilt

My husband has a brother with eight grandchildren.  When the oldest graduated from high school I made her a quilt.   When she was eight years old her mother died three weeks after giving birth to her younger sister and she has always held a special place in all our hearts.

That started it all and his brother has had a grandchild graduate each year since then.  This year is grandchild number 4 so after completing this I only have 4 more to go.  And a year break before the next graduate.  Whew.

This is the third graduation quilt this year and I haven't even made one for my daughter.   I will have to take care of that asap!

The one pictured here is another Bonnie Hunter quilt. A top I made last summer at a class I took with her.  I don't remember the name other than having something to do with stars.

Here it is as I have begun to baste in preparation to quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog